SF State performs research cruises on San Francisco Bay aboard the R/V Questuary. Cruise data are provided for informational purposes only, data have been screened and post-processed but have not reviewed for accuracy. Please contact the marine operations staff for more information on these data.
CTD (Conductivity/Temperature/Depth) Profile Data
These data collected from our SeaBird Electronics SBE 19 CTD. File nomenclature is YYMMDD## (year, month, day and cast number starting with 01). All data are .ZIP compiled for each date the instrument was operated, each file contains the following information:
- *.HEX - Raw CTD hexadecimal data downloaded from the CTD (this file must be processed using SeaSoft).
- *.CON - Calibration file for the CTD cast.
- *.ASC - Post-processed by SeaSoft CTD cast data, normally averaged by depth bins of 0.10 meters and column formatted with cast parameters on the first row. This data can be read using MS Excel.
- *.HDR - Header file for CTD cast data containing time, date, site name, location and coordinates.
Underway Data Acquisition System Data
Data collected from a SeaBird Electronics SBE45 micro TSG that is calibrated bi-annually in January. File nomenclature is YYMMDD## (year, month, day, file number starting with 01). Each .ZIP file contains the following files for each date the instrument was operated:
- *.HEX - Raw UDAS data (you can read this CSV data directly in MS Excel).
- *.CON - UDAS calibration file.
- *.HDR - Header file for UDAS data containing site name and location (Note: The HEX data contains the time and position coordinates for each scan, so you normally will not need the HDR file).