The R/V Questuary is a United States Coast Guard Uninspected Vessel, owned and operated by San Francisco State University and is part of the University National Oceanographic Laboratory System. The vessel is available for educational and scientific charters originating in the San Francisco Bay and Delta regions. Commercial "for profit" charters (i.e. fishing, sightseeing, industrial operations) are not permitted
Reserving the R/V Questuary requires using our vessel calendar. Reservations and/or cruise planning via phone or email are not permitted. Any vessel reservation that is not displayed on the vessel calendar will not be honored. Please note, that due to staffing shortages in Marine Operations, vessel reservations of R/V Questuary will be approved based on the following information:
- Does the reservation meet the criteria for research or education?
- Is appropriate deckhand/crew available on the date(s) requested?
- Is the logistics of the reservation match the capability of the deckhand/crew?
- Are there weather or environmental factors that mitigate the reservation?
R/V Questuary Capabilities
- Accommodates up to 12 crew
- Storage space for equipment
- Bathroom facilities
- 110 VAC and 12 VDC power
- Twin heavy lift hydraulic winches
- Heavy duty A-frame
- Running seawater system
- Underway data aquisition system
- Comprehensive navigation system
About The University National Oceanographic Laboratory System (UNOLS)
University National Oceanographic Laboratory System (UNOLS) is an organization of 59 academic institutions and national laboratories involved in oceanographic research and joined for the purpose of coordinating oceanographic ships' schedules and research facilities.